Beyond Bricks briefed Big Cat to deliver a PR campaign, engaging over 2000 people through community arts projects.
• Distinguish Lozells and East Handsworth as a positive, imaginative place in which to live and visit, increasing community identity, pride and vitality.
• Use a series of art based projects as a method of building community cohesion.
• Impact on perceptions and increase aspirations.
• Provide opportunities for the community to come together to strengthen their connections to one another and to contribute to the changes happening in the area.
• Develop a series of high quality arts activities that reflect the aspirations of the local communities in the pathfinder area.
• Work alongside various partners including Multistory, Arts Council England and Urban Living to deliver programme.
• Regional and trade PR campaign which highlighted key activities and an overview of the project.
• Call to actions issued to regional press encouraging people to participate in the projects.
• Interviews and features organised with regional broadcast and print media.
• ROI 1:10.
• PR Value - £90,000.
• Circulation = over 3,000,000.
• Over 2,000 residents from the neighbourhoods participated in 90 workshops throughout the summer.
• Regular features in BBC WM, Birmingham Mail and Creative Boom.