Design, Marketing & Event Management
UpRising briefed Big Cat to develop a brand identity, in addition to campaign planning and event management for a youth development event.
• Developing a brand identity for the launch of a Birmingham-based youth development event.
• Creating a visual identity which appeals to the target market, whilst remaining in line with the UpRising brand and is easily memorable.
• Ensuring the brand identity has clarity, sincerity and is in no way patronising.
• Managing creative development and designing of marketing materials with a constant look and feel.
• Promoting the event across the region, using mediums that are relevant to the market.
• Aiding the curation of the event, sourcing speakers and supporters for the event that are prominent within Birmingham's youth community.
• Undertaking market research and further insight to generate initial event name ideas.
• Creating a range of visual identity routes from a shortlist of names generated.
• Handling the creative development, including the upcoming rollout across a range of marketing collateral.
• Developing a fully integrated marketing strategy with chosen media and channels, based on the eclectic consumption habits of the target market.
• Working closely with UpRising to further involve their Alumni base (young adults who have been involved in previous programmes from UpRising) in the execution of the event.
• Enrolling Alumni members in the Big Cat pride for a limited period to gain valuable marketing experience and mentoring.
• A strong brand identity which resonated so much with the target audience that the client is utilising this for a wider, ongoing campaign.
• A successful event bringing together over 100 young people with renowned organisations such as BBC Radio 1Xtra and Sky News. The young people were supported in creating powerful social campaigns to improve their community, and increased opportunities for their age group.
• The event received a fantastic response from the client, the organisations supporting it and most importantly, the young people involved. As such, the campaign will be extended and the programme will be continuing to help young people make their voices heard.
"The Marketing team at Big Cat were a pleasure to work with. Their understanding of the client group throughout both the design and PR/Marketing process was impressive and we knew that they were constantly trying to increase their knowledge of this area to improve the success of the event.
"Their communication with us was great, despite knowing that the agency were busy, we never felt like we were second best to any other client. They have helped us with our own marketing and PR skills which I know we can now implement in the future. They have also helped us raise our profile and increase our social media presence. Thank you!"
Katy Baker - Birmingham Programme Manager, UpRising