Charity Digital Marketing
Birmingham Children’s Hospital’s Fundraising Department engaged Big Cat to plan and execute a digital campaign for Bupa’s Great Birmingham Run in 2014. The activity spanned across social media, digital advertising and email.
• The top line objective for this marketing activity was to encourage people to register for the Great Birmingham Run and raise money for the hospital.
• The SMART objective was to help support the BCH team in their mission to enlist a total of 2014 runners.
• Planned and delivered an email marketing campaign aimed at people who had supported the hospital at previous events. Our services provided included copywriting, full creative development and build of the email, transmission and evaluation with recommendations for follow up activity.
• Audited Birmingham Children’s Hospital’s website and offered recommendations for optimising the Great Birmingham Run event pages to enhance conversion rates on the site and ensure that the user journey was as easy to navigate as possible.
• Planned and managed a Facebook advertising campaign to raise awareness of the event and encourage sign ups via the BCH website.
• Email achieved an open rate of 38.91% and this was to a database of over 2,000 contacts.
• Once the website was optimised conversion rates immediately increased.
• The Facebook campaign proved to be a huge success and on the 2-week mark, we have received over 2,000 visits to the website, and various ads have over 600 likes. People were directly engaging family and friends to join them in participation of the Great Birmingham Run.