Health & Safety Management
The Fair provided health & safety management for Global Gathering festival.
• Event management: Safety manager, management of event control and deployment of safety officers.
• To work in collaboration with all agencies forming and chairing the Safety Advisory Group prior to and throughout the event.
• Chairing the Event Liaison Team.
• To work in collaboration with all those involved in the organisation and delivery of the event.
• To ensure that all aspects of event safety adhere to health and safety legislation.
• Scrutiny of the event, specifically, the safety of all those attending or participating.
Event delivered by The Fair.
• Working alongside the GlobalGathering event team throughout the build, live and break process.
• Liaison with the Health and Safety Enforcement Authority, and all levels of policing.
• Collection and checking of all Method Statements, Risk assessments, Completion certificates and public and employee liability insurance certificates.
• Communication of safety information to contractors.
• Monitoring and co-ordinating safety performance.
• Authority to terminate the event at any stage if deemed appropriate in the interests of safety.
• 50,000 attended the two day festival, 30,000 of which camped at the site.
• More than 150 live acts played in 14 arenas over Friday and Saturday.
• Safety management of the annual event’s 12th year.
“As the sun sets on GlobalGathering 2012, all from the team would like to say a massive thank you to each and every one who joined us over the weekend and easily made it the best festival we have ever delivered" - GlobalGathering Team