PR & Event Management
33,000 people in the heart of Birmingham city centre celebrating Jamaican heritage and culture
• Deliver an event for people of all ages and races.
• Showcase the diversity and community spirit of Birmingham, pushing aside social stereotypes.
• Raise awareness of the festival on a regional and national level.
Event delivered by The Fair.
• Managed the build of main stage, yurts and community area.
• Sourced and installed AV and PA equipment.
• Planning of Press Day which featured a visit from Chris Holmes MBE and Jonathan Edwards CBE.
• Interviews with talent, Levi Roots and organisers of festival.
• 33,000 people attended Jamaica Live.
• 142 jerk chickens eaten.
• Full page spread in the Daily Mirror; numerous interviews on Midlands Today and BBC WM.
"The events team ensured that all partners involved in the project were looked after, which was no small task. They planned and managed the build of the entire festival, ensuring that the Jamaican themeing remained strong throughout. Talent management was a key aspect of the day’s activity, with all stars feeling incredibly happy at the end of the day. The PR team developed a strong strategy which targeted regional, national and trade titles." - Ammo Talwar MBE, CEO Punch Records