Event Management | Health & Safety
The Fair were briefed to provide event management and health & safety for Secret Cinema - covering 13,500 attendees, 5 weeks, 6 shows per week.
• Secret cinema engaged Big Cat to act as Safety officers for Project Hope; Frank Darabont's 'The Shawshank Redemption' at the Cardinal Pole School, in the east end of London. The venue was transformed from a Victorian Catholic School to one of America’s worst penitentiaries in the late 1940s, the setting to this enthralling film.
• Event Management: Responsible for Health and Safety for the duration of the event.
• To ensure that all aspects of the event adhered to health and safety legislation.
• Scrutiny of the event, specifically, the safety of all those attending or participating.
Event delivered by The Fair.
• Working together with the Secret Cinema team, Big Cat’s Delivery of H & S management, an intrinsic element of the event management of the Secret Cinema experience included but was not limited to:
• Regular site visits, Risk Assessments and H&S audits.
• The challenging and unique nature of the venue, multiple varied Risk Assessments were required including numerous choreographed fight scenes.
• On site Safety Officers during dress rehearsals and opening night when the venue was occupied by an audience in order to continue monitoring and amending the venue and operational plan where necessary.
• Auditing third party suppliers.
• Writing and disseminating The Event Manual.
• Over 13,500 people attended this secret cinema experience and were ‘welcomed’ to the State of Oakhampton to stand trail and face imprisonment.
• Each show, 10 loads of ‘prisoners’ arrived in 1940s buses enduring an unforgettable greeting by hordes of inmates to the chorus of “fish!’ echoing through the prison recreation yard. This is just one element of the 4 dimensional Secret experience...
• 400 people per show, 6 shows per week for 5 weeks.
• All shows sold out.
• Project Hope was experienced and reviewed by press including The Guardian, MTV, CNN, Time Out and The Independent.
All images courtesy of Secret Cinema