Consumer PR & Marketing
Winter Skate glided into Birmingham’s Centenary Square for the first time in 5 years and brought in Big Cat to handle the PR and marketing.
• Promote the rink to regional press, online and in print.
• Help raise awareness and increase footfall.
• Assist with events and promotional offers.
• Secure partnerships with local businesses.
• Media liaison to raise awareness of the rink to drive footfall.
• Supported promotional activities and events.
• Devised promotional events and stunts including an Ice Sculpture and Movember event.
• Contacted local ‘mummy’ and student bloggers to review the rink to engage audiences for the off-peak slots.
• Organised photography for the rinks events.
• Created partnerships with B2B, education, third sector and art business networks.
• Created three eDM’s tailored to target different industry sectors.
• Coverage appeared in Daily Express, Metro, Birmingham Post, Birmingham Mail and Express and Star.
• Large footfall to the rink throughout the Christmas period.
• Event listed on various listings and events websites as well as consumer reviews on popular blog sites, such as Birmingham Central and Weekend Notes.
• Reviews by numerous ‘mummy’ and student bloggers.
• The ice rink promoted via social media including Birmingham’s Frankfurt Market.
• eDM reports showed successful opening rate of 36%.
“Big Cat’s PR and marketing team were fantastic throughout Winter Skates time in Birmingham. We were thrilled with the press coverage for the rink and the creative promotional ideas they delivered. We hope to work with them again in the future and would highly recommend their services.”
Tom Clarkson, Marketing Manager